1:72 Scale Metal Diecast –Panther Tank - Panzerkampfwagen V Panther - Length: 4.75" (from back of tank to tip of gun), Width: 1.75”
This Panther Tank model's body is made of metal while the turret is made of plastic. The turret can rotate all 360 degrees. The tracks are made of rubber and are fitted, however they do not move. The coloring and markings are accurate and realistic.
The maker of the model, Amercom, really did a good job with the model, the panel lines and details are very clear and crisp. These models have different details engraved such as doors, hatches, panels, lights, ports, antennas, machine guns, ropes, shovels, etc; all of these done with high accuracy and proportion. When they are painted in different color, say for example, shovels and ropes, they are indeed painted accurately.
These models come in very basic packaging, consisting of a transparent blister pack. The model itself is attached (via screws) to a plastic base which is made to look as rough terrain. The base measures about 5.5 inches by 2.5 and at one side of the base is some info about the model such as the type of tank, the outfit it belongs and the time period it served.
These models are not toys, they will not last long if played with. The tracks don't move and the turrets and their main guns and machine guns can be quite fragile because of their size. Some of the tanks will have a turret that does not rotate at all. (so if you try to rotate the turret or change the elevation of the gun and feel some resistant, better leave it alone and don't risk breaking something).
The Panther was a German medium tank deployed during World War II on the Eastern and Western Fronts in Europe from mid-1943 to its end in 1945. It had the ordnance inventory designation of Sd.Kfz. 171. Until 27 February 1944, it was designated as the Panzerkampfwagen V Panther when Hitler ordered that the Roman numeral "V" be deleted. Contemporary English language reports sometimes refer to it as the Mark V.
The Panther was intended to counter the Soviet T-34 and to replace the Panzer III and Panzer IV. Nevertheless, it served alongside the Panzer IV and the heavier Tiger I until the end of the war. It is considered one of the best tanks of World War II for its excellent firepower and protection. Its reliability was less impressive.