The collection of World War II Warships from DeAgostini at 1/1250 scale come already assembled and painted. There is no assembly or painting needed. They are constructed of diecast metal and plastic parts. They have no moving parts. Each ship is attached to a removable display stand and each display stand has a metal nameplate. The base of the stand measures 4.75" by 1.75".
These models are made for display and are not really toys. They are very fragile and will not last long if played with. The recommended age is 14 years and older.
Tirpitz was the second of two Bismarck-class battleships built for Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine (navy) prior to and during the Second World War. Named after Grand Admiral Alfred von Tirpitz, the architect of the Kaiserliche Marine (Imperial Navy), the ship was laid down at the Kriegsmarinewerft in Wilhelmshaven in November 1936 and her hull was launched two and a half years later. Work was completed in February 1941, when she was commissioned into the German fleet. Like her sister ship, Bismarck, Tirpitz was armed with a main battery of eight 38-centimetre (15 in) guns in four twin turrets. After a series of wartime modifications she was 2000 tonnes heavier than Bismarck, making her the heaviest battleship ever built by a European navy.