1/1100 Scale Battleship Scharnhorst: Length: 8.5", Width: 1"
These models come already assembled and painted out of the package. There is nothing to do or needed other than take them out of the packaging and display them.
Warships of the World collection from Eaglemoss is a breakthrough for both military and maritime enthusiasts. Each has details and features that even the most discriminating collectors will appreciate:
- A consistent 1:1100 scale that makes for a stunning display, with each ship visually comparable to all the others in the collection.
- Heavy-duty metal construction with finely molded plastic detail parts. Miniature aircraft with cranes, detailed guns with blast bags, and a complete superstructure.
- Textured surfaces that simulate wooden decks, intricate ironwork, chains and cleats.
- Accurate colors and markings, from anti-fouling paint on the hulls to camouflage patterns, national insignia (including roundels on aircraft), and even runway markings.
- A removable, customized display stand with the ship's name (in Japanese) and year.
Scharnhorst was a German capital ship, alternatively described as a battleship and battlecruiser, of Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine. She was the lead ship ofher class, which included one other ship, Gneisenau. The ship was built at the Kriegsmarinewerft dockyard in Wilhelmshaven; she was laid down on 15 June 1935 and launched a year and four months later on 3 October 1936. Completed in January 1939, the ship was armed with a main battery of nine 28 cm (11 in) C/34 guns in three triple turrets. Plans to replace these weapons with six 38 cm (15 in) SK C/34 guns in twin turrets were never carried out.